The Denver Chapter Presents
Planning for Your Retirement Paychecks
by Christine Benz, Director of Personal Finance, Morningstar
Thursday, Sept. 18, 2014
7:00 p.m - 8:45 PM
With ultra-low bond yields and fewer people having pensions, creating a successful retirement financial plan has become more challenging. This presentation will cover how to structure a sensible, well balanced portfolio to provide for ongoing living expenses as well as long-term growth potential. Christine Benz will also share model in-retirement portfolios based on Morningstar’s current top mutual fund and ETF picks. Because of her extensive background with the firm, we are sure she will be well equipped to answer questions about using the website. It is seldom we are able to secure leading women financial experts as speakers, so this will be an excellent opportunity to invite family members to join you who might otherwise not attend.
Christine Benz is Director of Personal Finance for Morningstar and senior columnist for Morningstar.com. She joined the firm in 1993. Before assuming her present role in 2008, she was Director of Mutual Funds Analysis and editor of several publications and the author of two best-selling investment books. She holds a B.A. in political science and Russian/East European studies from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Attend This Event to learn...
* How to set a sensible asset allocation plan for your retirement portfolio
* How to determine a sustainable withdrawal rate and the importance of revisiting that decision if circumstances change
* To understand the key ingredients that belong in every retiree’s portfolio such as inflation and longevity protection
* Learn the importance of investing for total return rather than current income alone
* See how to assemble suitable funds and ETFs into a well-designed and diversified portfolio
* Answers to your questions by texting them @ bottom of the screen
Pricing Fee: $8 per person IF POSTMARKED BY Sept 11th. Later and at the door (space permitting), $15 per person. Full refunds (check shredded) or credit for October event given IF you call 303-988-2296 or e'mail AAIIdenverChapter@yahoo.com BY 5PM day before the event.
8545 East Dry Creek Rd.
EASY TO FIND: One mile W of I-25 on Dry Creek Rd. Church is on north side of street @ a traffic light. Park behind church.
6:20 PM Registration/Social, Refreshments
7:00 PM Program, 8:25 PM Q&A
CLICK HERE FOR REGISTRATION FORM